In the world of advanced healthcare, India is known for providing high-quality medical solutions. Total and Partial Knee Replacement Surgery is a procedure that has high success rates and is a permanent solution for relieving knee pain and discomfort.
Knee Replacement Cost in India:
Knee Replacement costs in India can vary according to the type of procedure performed during surgery. There are some types of knee replacement procedures with their associated costs:
- Knee Replacement Surgery: 208,680 to 278,240 INR
- Revision Single Knee Replacement: 310,800 INR to 414,400 INR
- Knock Knee Surgery: 222,000 INR to 296,000 INR
- Minimally Invasive Knee Replacement Surgery: 177,600 INR to 236,800 INR
- Unicondylar Knee Replacement: 126,000 INR to 168,000 INR
- Knee Replacement – Bilateral: 275,280 INR to 367,040 INR
Partial Knee Replacement Cost in India:
Partial Knee Replacement Surgery is also called knee arthroplasty. In this procedure, a damaged part of the knee is replaced with a prosthesis. In Western countries, this surgery can be very expensive and can be difficult to afford for many patients. For this reason, India is a suitable option that offers advanced medical facilities and technology at a much lower cost without compromising the quality.
The Partial Knee Replacement cost India can vary from patient to patient. But it can range from 1,80,000 INR to 3,60,000 INR.
- Partial Knee Replacement Cost in India: 1,80,000 INR to 3,60,000 INR
Breaking Down the Components:
- Surgery and Implant Costs: Total and partial knee replacement cost in India depends on the type of implant used. Different types of implants have unique features and costs and each patient can choose according to affordability.
- Inclusive Packages: Generally, the costs cover important diagnostic tests (like X-rays or MRIs), surgery costs, post-operative expenses, physiotherapy sessions, medicine costs, and follow-up. However, some patients can experience a change in cost due to the unique presentation of the disease.
- Recovery and Stay Duration: Patients usually stay in the hospital for 6 days, and then complete a 10-day recovery period outside the hospital. The total cost depends on the diagnosis and facilities chosen by the patient.
Factors Affecting Costs:
Several factors play a role in determining the overall cost of total and partial Knee Replacement Surgery. These may include:
- Hospital and Room Type: The type of room chosen and the facilities of each room can affect the overall cost.
- Disease Severity: The condition of the knee before surgery and the complications can affect the cost.
- Post-surgical Complications: Sometimes, complications after surgery occur and can affect the total cost.
- Extended Hospital Stay: In some cases, a longer hospital stay may be necessary which can also affect the final cost.
In conclusion, India not only offers advanced medical facilities but also provides quality healthcare at a much lower cost than many developed nations. For those patients thinking about Total and Partial Knee Replacement Costs in India and related procedures, India stands out as an affordable option without compromising on quality healthcare.